Helena Kovacova - Heart Attack Survivor

My name is Helena Kovacova and I am 61 years old. I was born and raised in Slovakia, and moved to the Seattle area 30 years ago. I have a son and a daughter, and two adorable grandsons who are six and three years old. I am a Skin Care Therapist and I have worked at Gene Juarez for 26 years.

On May 27th of this year I had a heart attack. I had just returned from a vacation visiting my family in Slovakia where I was already feeling some chest discomfort that was radiating into my left arm. I told myself that I would call my doctor first thing when I returned. When I explained my symptoms to the nurse she said that I needed to go the Emergency Room right away because I might have something going on with my heart. In the ER, after a few tests, the cardiologist told me that I was having a heart attack. I was shocked. I couldn't believe it because I had always felt healthy and in good shape. I was taken urgently to the cardiac catheterization laboratory which revealed a 100 percent closure of the left coronary artery. It was treated with a coronary stent. Everything happened so fast that it took me a few days to realize that if I hadn't gone to the ER, I might not be here today.

Now I live more in the present moment, and enjoy the time with my family and friends. I take even better care of myself and the people around me. I like to take long walks and bicycle rides, and when the weather gets gloomy I like to curl up with a good book. I spend lot of time with my family, especially my grandsons. I like to cook healthy and comforting food for them.

To me, Living Life Beautifully means living a healthy life by developing heart-healthy habits and lifestyle.


Original Published Link Helena Kovacova - Heart Attack Survivor

#CardiacCatheterizationLaboratory, #DevelopingHeart, #ER, #HeartAttack #Others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breast Cancer Survivor Uses Her Experience to Help Other Women

Having pancreatic cancer a suspicious tumor on your pancreas

Howard's Weight Loss Journey